Sunday Snippet #37

281875_438719332870780_549311297_n

Sunday Snippets are six- or eight-sentence glimpses into my best-selling, award-winning Scottish romance books.  If you enjoy Scottish romance, keep reading, because I love sharing mine.  Skim back through my blog to read previous snippets.

FinalHighlandSeer_w7776Get HIGHLAND SEER for your Amazon Kindle today!

Here’s another snippet from HIGHLAND SEER.  Enjoy!

“Each step becomes a stumbling block we must overcome. Our problems amplify one another.”

“For want of a nail…” Jamie murmured.

“Aye.” Ellie shook her head. “But we need many ‘nails’ as ye call them. Men here, in the fields, manning the walls and the passes, driving the wagons to market, guarding them, even husbands for our lasses and fathers for their children, all of that and more.”

“Ye need men.” Donal summed it up for her, growing more impressed at what this slip of a lass had accomplished while wearing the title “Laird.” Many men born and trained to the lairdship would not have done as well.

For more great snippets, check HERE for the Snippet Sunday group on Facebook.  Highland Seer is on Kindle!

About these ads

14 comments on “Sunday Snippet #37

1. Sarah W says:

This may be the first time I’ve heard a variation of, “You need a man,” in a romacne where it didn’t seem cheesy, patronising, or far too suggestive for the moment.

I love this story!

2. Lives must be hard if they don’t have enough men to do the job. This clan has so many problems.

3. P.T. Wyant says:

(ROFL. I love Sarah W’s comment!)

And it’s not just what she has accomplished, but what her people have done under her leadership as well.

4. What lovely language! I like how one sentence flows into the next with an even, natural rhythm.

5. utecarbone says:

You manage to capture her competence in so few words. Like Jamie, I’m impressed with her!

6. raynegolay says:

I love the lilt I hear in the language. You’ve depicted Ellie so well. She’s a leader; in today’s world she’d run for president.

7. I agree with Anastasia. The sentence structure and word choices used are lovely and have a wonderful cadence to them. I do love Donal’s summation. Straight and to the point.

8. She’s a leader. Add me to list of impressed! Love the lilt, too.

9. Willa Blair says:

Thanks for the lovely comments!

10. She certainly sounds like a strong and resourceful woman. :) Great snippet!

11. historysleuth1 says:

Who doesn’t need a few good men, ay? Very well written, the language is spot on.
    History Sleuth’s Milk Carton Murders

12. I’m fairly well impressed by her myself. Love how this one sweeps me away. That’s great writing!