Sunday Snippet #35

281875_438719332870780_549311297_n

Sunday Snippets are six- or eight-sentence glimpses into my best-selling, award-winning Scottish romance books.  If you enjoy Scottish romance, keep reading, because I love sharing mine.  Skim back through my blog to read previous snippets.

FinalHighlandSeer_w7776Get HIGHLAND SEER for your Amazon Kindle today!

Here’s another snippet from HIGHLAND SEER.  Enjoy!

Jamie looked around, then turned toward the back where kegs were stacked row upon row. “That doesna seem like very many kegs for a still of this size.”

“We keep the new whisky here for a short time, then move it to the keep to better protect it,” Ellie added.

“Protect it?” Donal wanted an answer. What other threats beset this clan?

“Aye, but not from raids. Fire.”

For more great snippets, check HERE for the Snippet Sunday group on Facebook.  Highland Seer is on Kindle!

About these ads

8 comments on “Sunday Snippet #35

1. Cathy Henderson says:

I’ve gotta wait until iTunes offers this. I don’t have a Kindle! But I am looking forward to reading this one. I loved the Healer!

2. sharonbuchbinder says:

So flammable and so desirable, people will kill and be killed for this product. Gr8t!

3. Frank Fisher says:

Oh, that last line left me wanting to know more. Nice dialogue exchange and story seems very interesting.

4. Gem says:

Some good character and world building in this scene. Lots revealed.

5. Sarah W says:

Arson, or just normal precautions? This is really intriguing!

6. The fact that row after row didn’t seem like much tells me this is one heck of an operation. O.o And so many questions…why would fire threaten? Intriguing excerpt!

7. There are so many thread around this clan. It was a hard time.

8. P.T. Wyant says:

Row after row of whiskey kegs on fire would be quite the disaster, and nearly impossible to control — a great deal of the countryside would be in danger: forest, fields, homes… I’d move them, too!