Sunday Snippet #32

281875_438719332870780_549311297_n

Sunday Snippets are six- or eight-sentence glimpses into my best-selling, award-winning Scottish romance books.  If you enjoy Scottish romance, keep reading, because I love sharing mine.  Follow along week to week and skim back through my blog to read previous snippets.

FinalHighlandSeer_w7776 HIGHLAND SEER is out on Amazon Kindle!

And to celebrate,

HIGHLAND HEALER is on sale for a limited time,

so don’t miss it!

Here’s another snippet from HIGHLAND SEER.  Enjoy!

“My grandfather started with a small still, making just enough for the clan.” Ellie let her mount walk up the hill. Donal kept pace with her, listening without comment, enjoying the sound of her voice. “But word got out. In my father’s time, demand grew such that he built this place and we expanded our production.” Ellie pursed her lips and glanced at Donal, then returned her gaze to the building. “’Tis the best thing left to us, yet since Flodden, we struggle to keep it going.”

For more great snippets, check HERE for the Snippet Sunday group on Facebook. Highland Healer is ON SALE now at all the usual outlets. And Highland Seer is on Kindle!

About these ads

12 comments on “Sunday Snippet #32

1. Misa says:

My immediate thought was whiskey, so I scooted down to check.

I love the idea of a business burgeoning from home brew. :D

2. Sarah W says:

This is a side of Highland life I never thought about. It’s fascinating!

3. P.T. Wyant says:

For some reason this makes me think of moonshiners. (I think I need more sleep.) Great snippet, though — includes a bit of family back story and a hint at current troubles.

4. Nice. I like the infused dialect, and the names are wonderful. :-)

5. katewyland says:

Don’t usually think about where Scotch whiskey came from. Small stills make sense.
    Nice snippet.

6. Interesting, enjoyed the feeling of actually being there. Great snippet!

7. Amy Durham says:

Very nice! I love the visual of them riding together :)

8. Great visual scene, and a wee bit of background of the family, too.

9. historysleuth1 says:

Liked the bit of background and the Scottish dialogue is very well done!

10. sharonbuchbinder says:

Nice snippet. I’m interested in the still! LOL!