Six Sentence Sunday Snippet #17 – Visitors

I enjoyed a visit from a long-time friend this week, so this snippet is about a visitor Toran receives – a new friend and ally. As the old saying goes, there’s good news and bad news…

Enjoy my Six Sentence Sunday!

Toran stood with fists on hips as Angus approached. “What brings ye?” Toran asked. “Is there more trouble?”

“Aye,” Angus answered. “And good news, as well.”  He dismounted and handed the reins to one of the lads who stood by.

Highland Healer is now available in both print and ebook formats from Amazon,  The Wild Rose Press, Barnes and Noble and other retailers.

About these ads

13 comments on “Six Sentence Sunday Snippet #17 – Visitors

1. sherrygloagtheheartofromance says:

Plenty to anticipate with this snippet.

2. Excellent description. Very vivid.

3. What is the good news? very vivid scene. :-)

4. Ack, what a tease! Hope we get to find out why he’s there next Sunday!

5. jessschira says:

I’ve always had a soft spot for the name Angus, it reminds me of the cattle my dad raises. I’m very curious to learn more about him.

6. Kate Warren says:

Aw, man! Now I have to wonder what the good news and bad news are.

7. Claire says:

“good news / bad news” is one of those really scary lead-ins. LOL

8. Can’t wait to hear what the good news AND the bad news might be! Terrific snippet!

9. Karysa Faire says:

Great snippet–very precise writing that has a lot of atmosphere. How do you manage to do that??? :-)

10. I’m intrigued as to what his news might be.

11. Kate Meader says:

Nice lead in, Willa. Looking forward to reading what happens next!

12. Ryan Derham says:

Good news and trouble! Wonder which he wants to hear about first? Great snippet!

13. I want to know both right now! I guess coming by late has its advantages … maybe the answers will be in the next six. ;c)