It’s hard to cut a list of recent favorite authors down to just thirteen, but I’m giving it a go. These are not in any particular order, nor are they all strictly romance authors, but their books all have romantic elements in them. Some are long-established, multi-published authors and some are, like me, brand-spankin’ new to published-authordom.
1. Sharon Lynn Fisher for her debut book, Ghost Planet
2. Anne McCaffrey for her dragons of Pern and Freedom sagas
3. Linnea Sinclair for anything she writes, but especially for Gabriel’s Ghost and my favorite tortured hero, Gabriel Ross Sullivan.
4. Christine Feehan for her Sea Haven novels
5. Suzanne Brockmann for her SEALs
6. Sharon Lee and Steve Miller for their Liaden novels
7. Catherine Asaro for blending scifi and romance so skillfully that readers of either genre will like her books
8. Nora Roberts for her storytelling skill and imagination that know no bounds
9. Cherry Adair for her Cutter Cay books
10. Marion Zimmer Bradley for her Darkover books
11. Amber Beldene for her debut book, Blood Vine
12. Theresa Medeiros for The Devil Wears Plaid
13. Janet Evanovich for her Stephanie Plum books
Do you agree with my choices? Who are some of your favorite authors?